How irresistible is your marketing copy? Does it captivate your potential readers? Does it entice them to want more? Listen as marketing copy expert, Jane Maulucci shares her powerful techniques to have marketing copy make you irresistible.
Jane Maulucci is a writer who delivers words that make cents — that’s in “dollars and cents” — for authors and small-business owners. She creates copy that generates emotion to make people buy, learn, and react. Her company, The Reactive Voice, works with authors and small-business owners who need to hire a writer to help with their marketing and other collateral material for their books.
In this week’s powerful podcast episode “How to Have Marketing Copy Make You Irresistible” we explore…
- What exactly a reactive voice is and how to use it to attract attention
- The 3 C’s of marketing copy
- The biggest hurdle for authors when it comes to writing marketing copy
- Why authors need to hire someone to help them with writing their marketing copy
- How to craft a book description
- Whether or not to have a book-dedicated website
- The importance of having a consistent message in your marketing
- Why training and workbooks are important assets for authors
- And much, much more…
Here’s an excerpt from this week’s episode:
Q: Jane, what do you find is the biggest hurdle for authors when it actually comes to writing marketing copy?
A: The biggest hurdle is that authors don’t like to talk about themselves. They have a hard time of creating their persona to describe themselves in a way that’s going to get the reader to say, “Oh, I want to read their book.”
The first thing we have to remember is that the book is the product of the author; the author is really what you’re marketing. You’re marketing this person’s talent, you’re marketing this person’s wisdom, you’re marketing this person’s creativity, and so the book just happens to be that little product, that calling card. The biggest hurdle is to get the author to understand that they are marketing themselves, and not the book.
Here’s how to connect with Jane to find out more about her marketing copywriting services
Download the transcript from this week’s podcast interview “How to Have Marketing Copy Make You Irresistible”